Friday, February 5, 2010

Beginning the Blog

I recently got intrigued by the idea of having my own Blog and just started this one. My Blog will be complementary to my website, giving hints and useful tips about surviving Computer Engineering grad school and several challenges of the daily life. I also want to provide resources for undergraduate students attending tutorials that I am co-hosting.

As many people I know might have suspected, I am not Canadian. I am originally from Germany. I studied Computer Systems in Engineering (CSE) there and discovered the University of Waterloo during a four month internship. After finishing grad school in Germany, I decided to take on a PhD in Waterloo. I am currently researching error detection and fault diagnosis in business information systems.

My hobbies are working on old Diesel-Mercs, Goju Ryu Karate and technical challenges, including, building your own car-alarm system or custom CNC machines, hacking mobile devices and hanging out with model engineers. Future posts of this Blog will, therefore, probably be a mixture of these topics and my research interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment